The Universal Webhook Connector app is a premium app and requires a subscription. To see subscription options or to start a trial, visit our AppCloud. If you don't have an AppCloud account, you'll need to create one first...but no worries, this app may require a subscription but you can create an AppCloud account for free!
The Universal Webhook Connector app is in controlled availability. To request access to this app, please submit a support request or contact your Relationship One account manager.
With the Universal Webhook Connector app for Eloqua, within minutes, send data from nearly any external system to your Eloqua platform. The Universal Webhook Connector app lets you:
- Set up new inbound webhook in minutes
- Generate unique API endpoint to send data
- Set up parameters to capture data from a source system (e.g., commerce system, CRM, etc.)
- Parse simple or array content
When enabled, data passed into the webhook can be mapped and written to Eloqua Contact and Custom Objects fields in near real-time. Some use cases include:
- Connect e-commerce systems to leverage purchase history in marketing campaigns
- Connect event registration software to update or add new registrants as Contacts
- Connect any third-party software capable of making webhook calls to trigger near real-time data writing in Eloqua
To install the Relationship One Shared Email Manager app:
- Click on the install URL below:
If you have Eloqua IP allowlisting enabled, please add AppCloud IPs to your allowlist - 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168.
Please note, the installation process must be done by a user with Eloqua Customer Administrator rights.
Log into Eloqua with your Eloqua Credentials, if required.
Click Accept and Install to add the app to your Eloqua instance.
Log into your Relationship One AppCloud account.
- Click Authenticate Me to grant permission for the app to communicate with Eloqua on your behalf.
- Click Done to complete the app installation.
The Relationship One Universal Webhook Connector app is now installed in the App Catalog inside of your Eloqua instance which can be found by clicking on Apps under the Settings menu in the Platform Extensions section. You can select the app to view the app description, modify the configuration settings, reinstall, or uninstall it. You can also check its status and dependencies.
Updated about 2 months ago