Use the Eloqua Asset Name Generator app to standardize your Eloqua asset (e.g., campaigns, forms, landing pages, segments, etc.) naming. It's a must-use app for keeping your Eloqua instance in order and gives you the added benefit of streamlining reporting within Insight. As part of the app, you can add as many text, date, numeric and picklist options you need as part of your standardization approach and then access the generator via a convenient Cloud Menu.
To install the Relationship One Eloqua Asset Name Generator app:
- Click on the install URL below:
If you have Eloqua IP allowlisting enabled, please add AppCloud IPs to your allowlist - 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206.
Please note, the installation process must be done by a user with Eloqua Customer Administrator rights.
- Create your naming convention structure by adding at least one naming convention element. Click the +Add button to add more naming convention elements including text, numeric, date and picklist options. To re-order your Name Generator, just drag the desired element up or down.
For picklists, click the list icon () and add list name/value options. You can re-order your list options by dragging the option up or down. Click the trashcan icon () to remove a list option.
- Optionally, you can set the delimiter to be used in separating your naming convention elements. If no delimiter is specified, elements will not be separated.
- Optionally, you can set the desired format for any date fields that you create. If no format is specified, the format will default to: MMDDYYYY.
- Click Save to save your settings.
The Relationship One Eloqua Asset Name Generator app is now installed in the App Catalog inside of your Eloqua instance which can be found by clicking on Apps under the Settings menu in the Platform Extensions section. You can select the app to view the app description, modify the configuration settings, reinstall, or uninstall it. You can also check its status and dependencies.
The Eloqua Asset Name Generator can be accessed as a Cloud Menu item from anywhere in your Eloqua instance. Just click on the Cloud Menu icon to slide out the menu bar and then click on the Asset Name Generator app.
When the app opens, you can easily generate a new asset name by filling out the naming convention elements.
At that bottom of the app, you will see a preview of your asset name. You can copy this value by clicking on the copy icon ().
Updated over 2 years ago